Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hunter's eating habits.

Hunter got tired of the Salmon and Mackerel I was feeding him at lunch, which the vet said was bad for him and he also stopped snacking on the cheese slices at night and he will not eat canned cat food so I adapted. I buy the small cans of White Albacore tuna in water for myself so one day I opened a can for Hunter and put it into a bowl. He ate it like it was his last meal. Nothing dainty about his eating habits. Actually when he eats his dry food sometimes he gobbles so much up sometimes he throws it right back up and I must clean up his mess.

I also decided to get some turkey lunch meat since he will not eat the meat from a turkey and today I put down three thin slices all broken up and said to myself, “I bet he doesn’t eat it all” and by golly he proved me wrong. I guess life was hard for him when he was a wild kitten, finding food was hard so when I present good food to him he gobbles it right down. He even came by later in the day wondering if I was going to put out more lunch meat by sitting by the empty dish. His belly is beginning to bulge a bit more. He also daintily licked off my turkey plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment